Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yes, but did the Egyptians make them cake?


























Okay, I was going to do a much more thought provoking topic, but it wasn't coming out right, and I don't have another hour to work on this. So here you are. Figaro's birthday again - you remember last years, right? Do you think we are as bad as the Egyptians? Well, we don't actually worship our cat, and in the end he didn't even eat the cake (though I didn't think he would).

It was great lemon cake. But he ran away as soon as we were done singing and stayed away for the next 24 hours - some people just don't like being reminded they're getting older or like matches in their face and everyone yelling at them. The eight candle was because we had nothing else. I don't think you calculate cat years the same as dog's. I'm figuring he's about in his late teens - since he's two and they usually live about 20 years.

When we were looking for a place to live, about 90% didn't take pets - and I mentioned a few times to my life, maybe.... just maybe we might have to get rid of the cat. Then we talked about it and I realized he has a connection to us. Granted we're not sealed, but I do think there is an understanding there, between pets and their owners. I honestly think he will be our cat in the next life - though it has yet to come across the pulpit. We have a responsibility to him, and can't just drop him off like an old t-shirt. So I guess we're in it for the long haul. I look forward to hearing what he has to say in the next life (again no doctrinal proof), at the very least cleaning up his own litter box.

1 comment:

  1. Jimmie,

    Cat's have nine lives. I think you're just a bump in his long and winding road.

    BK

    ReplyDelete