The only full picture I could find - taken last Halloween.
So a few weeks ago our landlord let us know that she wanted to put the house on the market Feb 1. This wasn't without warning, she had said last fall that she wanted to sell the house come May. So the way houses have been going lately, we figured we'd probably still wouldn't have to move out till May. I have seen houses on the market for over six months in our neighborhood. So what's the rush?
Friday she calls and tells us that a friend of hers wants to buy this house, and now we need to be out by the end of February. Well, okay. I'm thinking who is this friend that wants to buy this house sight unseen? I guess her friend could've seen it when she lived here close to two years ago. But has she really know about all the little quirks it has - like the basement that never warms up even during the summer, the lack of dishwasher AND garbage disposal and essentially too small a kitchen, the toilet that is always having issues, the fuse that goes out down stairs when you use the vacuum, tv and stereo at the same time? (I like a lot of entertainment when I clean) As you can see I've been mentally preparing myself to leave by reminding myself of all this place's shortcomings.
But when I'm honest with myself I have been grateful for this place everyday we've lived here. In our marriage it has been the first place that has really felt like home. No matter how nice you make an apartment it never feels like home. I've loved having a yard to plant a garden, a lawn to mow, being able to turn music as loud as I want without worrying about bothering someone, and hosting countless parties, bar-b-ques, and dinner guests.
So now we search for a new place. I'm sure we'll find a good one. One with a fenced back yard, allows pets, and maybe even a dishwasher for $750 or less. And a word to this imaginary "friend" of hers who wants to "buy" this house for $140 k - make sure Elizabeth throws in a new toilet.
Oh man. That stinks that you guys have to move sooner than you thought. I am sure you will be able to find something that will be great though. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteHope you can find a house with a yard again for your active boys and Julianna who keeps up with them. Good luck guys!
ReplyDelete